Crowntail betta fish or simply known as betta splendens fish is a popular species of freshwater fish. These colorfull fish are very much in demand because of their beautiful structure of rays and fins are shaped like a crown, moreover they are easy to breed.
It's not that difficult to take care of a crowntail betta fish. Just follow the steps given below and this colorfull fish will be an added attraction to your home.
- The jar that you are going to use to keep your fish should be bigger than which you used to keep other species of betta fish. Crowntail betta fish require a larger space to move around in. Make sure the jar or the aquarium is not small, otherwise you will see your fish bumping and tearing his scales or fins.
- Betta fish will survive in the cleanest water that you can provide it. You don't require a filtration system, but you should change its tank water every three days, so your fish can stay healthy and clean.
- Never place more than one male betta fish in a jar, they aren't called fighting fish for nothing. They actually fight with each other. They fight till one of the fish dies.
- Your tank's PH level should be exactly 7.0. Get your PH level checked with the help of a PH testing kit, which is available in your local pet store. You can also buy solutions that help increase or decrease the level of PH in your water.
- Never wash the aquarium things such as plants, rocks or some gravel stones with soap. It becomes difficult to rinse soap from these things, as a result of which the soap content can kill your crowntail betta fish. For cleaning all these objects use warm water and an abrasive brush.
- Always keep your aquarium or jar covered. This fighting fish is very aggressive in nature and likes to jump around. It's quite possible that it could land up outside the jar.
- Feed them live food such as frozen blood worms and brine shrimp. Betta pellets are also their favorite food, you can buy some betta pellets at your local pet store.
- Never decorate the jar or an aquarium with small rocks, your betta fish could get stuck in them. Provide them a smooth flat surface, so these is no risk to their life.
- Lastly, treat your pet as a living thing. Feed him when it's hungry, if something is wrong take it to the vet and clean its home regularly. You would also like to read more on caring for betta fish.